Thursday, June 5, 2008

Essay Question: Why Do You Want To Learn English?

"I want to learn more English because English is a beautiful tongue, and it's a commercial language.
I have a big dream. My dream is to go visit the United States. Why? It's because my mother moved there 25 years ago. I don't know her face. When she left me I was a baby. My grandmother shows me her picture. Everyday I pray to the Lord to give me a chance to go over there, because I want to know why she went away, and if she didn't want me anymore.
Sometimes I talk to God but He doesn't say anything. And sometimes He responds by asking for another thing. Everyday I say, "Father, give me one more chance in my life. Please, let me know my mother before she dies. It's a big and bad experience for a child when he doesn't know his mother. Sometimes, I can't believe it. By the way, if I did something really bad in my life, I want you to forgive me. But please let me know my mother."
After that I will find a good job. I have one increasing purpose. My purpose is to be a big educated man, and rich, to help my country, the children, the world, my family, and those people who helped me in m life. This is why I want to learn English."

-Ansycolas, age 25-


My morning class. Ansycolas stands to my left.






Dinner. Pastor Brian is a sick chef. And my hair is getting long(er).

3 comments:

Cheryl H Kim said...

oh my gosh, it's all so familiar.. joe, take a picture of chris! and any news about wilbins and junior? lovely essay by the way.

AlexKim said...

ahahhaha getting small already Joe.

Adrea Mer said...

that essay is really moving.